Friendship and Flowers
Friendship and Flowers services are designed to relieve isolation and loneliness in older home-bound adults by promoting companionship, friendship, and wellness. Friendship and Flowers Volunteers make visits once a month, and typically bring flowers, treats, and friendly conversation to those they visit. Friendship and Flowers visits currently happen on the third Saturday of each month.
Friendship and Flowers deliveries can be arranged for elders who are:
- 65 years of age or older
- Self-identified as feeling lonely
- Agreeable to receive services from staff and/or volunteers, including visits in their residence, and signing LBFE forms. This includes:
- Willing to make a commitment to participate in the service program
- Willing to share emergency contact information
- Receptive to remaining in contact with volunteers while engaged in the program
- Able to hold a conversation and to recall volunteers from visit to visit
- Open to establishing new relationships
We welcome referrals from social service, housing, or medical professionals and providers. For more information about Friendship and Flowers, please contact Sandy at 612.746.0724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.